ANOXEMIA, an underwater exploration puzzle platformer launches today on Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Players will take on the role of Dr Bailey, a scientist tasked with collecting samples from dangerous underwater regions. As if that’s not risky enough, things take a turn for the worse when Dr Bailey’s submarine crashes against the ocean floor and he’s left stranded with limited oxygen in his tank. Check out the launch trailer below:
In Anoxemia, your primary goal is to search the ocean floor as you discover and extract samples from underwater caves. Poison drifts, powerful ocean currents, leftover mines, and malfunctioning machines need to be dealt with carefully – and it helps to have the operations drone ATMA on your side. Move fast – or you’ll run out of oxygen! Fortunately, you can equip ATMA (and your suit) with items and upgrades found on the ocean floor – increasing your odds of survival.
If you happen to see a flash of light – or hear an echoing noise from the distance – you’ll quickly realize there are some dangers you must face. Dangers you don’t even know exist. Dangers from within…
* Experience a unique sci-fi horror story that unfolds at a deliberate pace while you play.
* Explore 38 levels of unique underwater terrain.
* Find and equip several different items and upgrades.
* Solve puzzles that require quick reflexes and clever thinking.
* Enter the mind of your character through an insightful voiced narrative.