Even though the highly popular farming simulator role-playing game Stardew Valley has been available on console for a while, 505 Games S.p.a. has recently announced a partnership with independent development studio, ConcernedApe, to be the exclusive retail distributor of this fun, fan-favorite and award winning game.
If you aren’t one of the 2 million people that has already bought the digital version, you can now pick up a physical Collector’s Edition that not only includes the base game, but also a condensed mini version of Kari Fry’s “Stardew Valley” Guide Book and a foldout map of Pelican Town. This edition will also give players a special code that will allow them to download the game’s official soundtrack. Unfortunately, all these collectible goodies come at a price and the Collector’s Edition will cost $29.99 in the US. Considering that the digital version currently costs $14.99 (R239 on the South African PlayStation Store), this is quite an increase in price.
Here is the official announcement trailer:
The game will launch on the 11th of April in North America and 13 April in Europe. Just in case you haven’t played the game yet, here are some of the key features:
- Turn an overgrown field into a lively farm! Raise animals, grow crops, start an orchard, craft useful machines, and more!
- Improve your skills over time. As you make your way from a struggling greenhorn to a master farmer, you’ll level up in 5 different areas: farming, mining, combat, fishing, and foraging.
- Become part of the local community. Over 30 unique characters living in Stardew Valley, each with their own daily schedule, birthday, unique mini-cut scenes, and new things to say throughout the week and year.
- Explore a vast, mysterious cave. Encounter new and dangerous monsters, powerful weapons, new environments, valuable gemstones and other treasures as you venture deeper underground!
- Breathe new life into the valley. Help restore Stardew Valley to its former glory by repairing the old community center, or take the alternate route and join forces with Joja Corporation.
- Court and marry a partner to share your life on the farm with. There are 10 available bachelors and bachelorettes to woo, each with unique character progression cut scenes!
- Spend a relaxing afternoon at one of the local fishing spots. The waters are teeming with seasonal varieties of delicious fish. Craft bait, bobbers, and crab pots to help you in your journey toward catching every fish and becoming a local legend!
- Collect artifacts and minerals to donate to the local museum.
- Over 100 cooking and crafting recipes. Craft tasty dishes and useful objects like scarecrows, oil makers, furnaces, or even the rare and expensive crystalarium.
- Customize the appearance of your character and house! With hundreds of decorative items to choose from, you’ll have no trouble creating the home of your dreams
Press release, DualShockers