LINELIGHT, an award winning puzzle game created and developed by My Dog Zorro, releases on both Steam and the PlayStation 4 today.
Set in a world made entirely of lines, Linelight’s 300 levels and six worlds are woven with Zen-like music, rich gameplay mechanics, and elegant design that distill the puzzle genre down to its very foundation:
Take control of a line named “Dash” to explore the puzzles and mysteries of Linelight. The controls are irreducibly simple:
Activate color-coded switches to create a “bridge.” Watch out for red moving lines — friendly in appearance, deadly on contact. Combine familiar gameplay mechanics to come up with one-of-a-kind solutions for exultant “Aha!” moments.
Linelight’s simple presentation belies a world of rich complexities and secrets. Keep an eye out for stars, and concentrate to discover secret pathways that expand the scope of your journey. Can you stay cool, keep Dash safe, and follow the path to its ultimate end?
Brett Taylor, founder and lead designer over at My Dog Zorro had the following to say about his creation:
My goal was to take simplification to the extreme (initially for the fun design challenge), but eventually because that’s where the most beautiful possibilities dwelled. The real meat and joy in puzzle games is when players have all the information they need, and every puzzle in Linelight skips straight to that moment. No fluff, no filler. Just puzzle-solving ecstasy. I hope you have as much fun experiencing Linelight as I did creating it.”
LINELIGHT will retail for for $9.99 on Steam and PlayStation 4. The game will be 10% off until February 7 — discounted to $8.99. In addition, PlayStation Plus subscribers get 20% off the retail price ($7.99) during launch week. You can also check out the following accolades that the game won last year below.
* Gameacon 2016 – Game of the Year – Winner
* Bit Awards 2016 – Rising Pixel – Awardee (for the studio, My Dog Zorro)
* Bit Awards 2016 – Best Style – Nominee
* Bit Awards 2016 – Best PC/Console Game – Nominee
* IndieCade @ E3 2016 – Official Selection
* PAX East Indie Minibooth 2016 – Official Selection
* Different Games Conference 2016 – Official Selection
* Sheep’s Meow 2016 – Official Selection
* IndieCade 2016 – Game Tasting Spotlight Selection
* PlayWell Winter Arcade 2016 – Official Selection
* Playcrafting Demo Night Feb 2016 – Official Selection